What are the best settings to achieve stable sync on a DAW?
Here is a random list of things to take care of to achieve stable sync on a DAW:
• RTFM. Check chapter 04 in the manual
of the midiclock⁺ and of your respective software for hints on synchronisation.
• Use quality MIDI and audio hardware to get the signals in your DAW. Don't be surprised if your cheap fully integrated MIDI-USB cable doesn't do the job.
• Use the latest version of your DAW software. There are enormous improvements especialy with Live
for software versions after 8.2.5 and again with Live 9.
• Set your audio buffer sizes as low as possible.
• Take care of moderate load. If your CPU or RAM is running out of capacity there is no time for the software to take care of MIDI.
• Turn off WLAN and bluetooth. Both cause excessive interrups to the system and spoil your synchronisation.